OF SERVING THE COMMUNITY
YOUR PART MATTERS
Take a look at all of our open career positions.
Job Title: Office Administrator
- Demonstrates support for the organizational mission, goals and values.
- Identifies professional organizational issues and trends suggesting action, facilitating change and participates in restructuring of programs and services.
- Maintains positive communication and rapport at all times with clients, staff, businesses and the public and serves as a liaison to assure good public relations and to fulfill the mission of the agency and department.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with staff, co-workers, supervisors and external contacts.
- Assists in the management of the program inventory, as well as, securing necessary equipment and supplies.
- Performs clerical tasks that may include general correspondence, newsletters, educational materials, pamphlets and brochures.
- Assists the Sunrise Youth Bureau Director with general administration of the Attendant Care Program/Shelter Care, which may include scheduling of workers, ordering of supplies and maintaining records. Will also be trained to work Attendant Care/Shelter Care. May be required to work after normal working hours.
- Take on suspension and attendant care/shelter care programs as needed.
- Works with staff, agencies, and public as a liaison to develop good public relations and fulfill the mission of the agency and Sunrise Youth Bureau.
- Prepares board report and other documents for the Sunrise Youth Bureau Board meetings.
- Answer phones and transfer to the appropriate staff member
- Take and distribute accurate messages
- Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Fax, scan, and copy documents
- Maintain office filing and storage systems
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing lists, contact lists, and client information
- Retrieve information when requested
- Type documents, reports, and correspondence
- Monitor and maintain office supplies
- Keep office area clean and tidy, which means weekly dusting, sanitizing, vacuuming, cleaning the bathroom, taking out garbage, etc.
- Organization of office supplies, food cabinets, fridge and freezer, large locked cabinet, game/movie cabinet, and locked cabinet.
- Take the initiative to complete duties as seen fit.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience working with people from various socio-economic and educational backgrounds.
- Must possess a valid drivers license and insurable driving record.
- Demonstrated ability to establish a positive rapport with staff, clients, other agencies, businesses and the community.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate both in written and oral forms.
- Strong computer skills to include Windows, Internet and Microsoft Office software and other office equipment.
- Knowledge of services provided by community resources to include: juvenile justice, mental health, social services and vocational systems.
- Organization and planning skills, along with, problem solving ability
- Complete a child abuse and neglect background check
- Complete a BCI background check
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to excellence through diversity.
The application must be fully completed to be considered. Please complete each section, even if you attach a resume.